We are looking for a Senior Environmental Technician/ORC (Operator in Responsible Charge).
This position will be responsible for operation of the wastewater treatment facility and environmental laboratory, serve as contact person for agency inspections, and be the designated operator in responsible charge (ORC).
location: High Point, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
work hours: 7 to 3
education: High School
- Determination of necessary system adjustments and points for optimal process control to ensure optimal and compliant treatment
- Minor routine maintenance and scheduling of maintenance
- Management of chemical inventory and laboratory supply needs
- Review of internal and external lab analysis for accuracy and compliance
- Preparation of monthly NC state discharge monitoring report
- Calibration of lab equipment such as DO, pH and turbidity meters
- Performance of lab rests such as DO, pH, COD nutrients, solids, MLSS, food to mass, volatiles, residual chlorine, oxygen uptake rate, etc.
qualifications: The incumbent must hold an NC Grade 3 Biological Certification and experience as an ORC is preferred
- Working knowledge of wastewater operations, basic lab testing and activated sludge wastewater systems, and managing site to ensure compliance with NC water quality regulations.
- An understanding of wastewater processing equipment including pumps, clarifiers, belt press, aeration basins, chemical feed pumps, chemical mixers and lab testing equipment.
skills: Wastewater Treatment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.