- Support medium-throughput laboratory experimentation equipment and workflows used to optimize synthetic organic and solid state chemistry.
- Provide troubleshooting, determine appropriate repair tactics and execute them, and be able to train new users.
- Knowledge of basic robotics, automation, and control software (platform dependent).
location: North Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $20.00 - 22.55 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Become proficient in the operation, basic maintenance, and troubleshooting of parallel experimental hardware platforms (~1-24 experiments at a time), including Mettler-Toledo EasyMax and EasySamplers, AmigoChem, Crystal16, Crystalline systems, and others.
- Operate and maintain analytical instruments such as HPLC, UPLC, LCMS, UPMS, GC, XRF and other common laboratory systems like pumps, rotary evaporators, and computers.
- Maintain laboratory supplies and ensure proper disposal of wastes
- Gain sufficient competence with the various platforms to be able to train others on the basic operation and use of the automation equipment.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in a physical science or engineering. A strong functional background in chemistry is preferred.
- Strong sense of curiosity and logic; Ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Excellent computer (Windows) skills. Ability to troubleshoot basic hardware and software issues. Adept at PC hardware modifications (adding HDs, NICs, and other components).
- Proficient in Excel and other data handling software.
- Experience with computer programming. Technical knowledge of VBA, LabVIEW, or python preferred.
- Experience with operating and maintaining basic robotic systems.
- Demonstrated written/verbal communication, project management.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and multi-disciplinary environment.
skills: HPLC, MS-EXCEL
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.