The Instrumental Evaluation department is a specialized team focused on objective, scientific testing of innovative products in development by our client's laboratories. As the Manager of the Instrumental Hair & Makeup team, your main role will be to strategize & lead the instrumental evaluation activities for the hair care , styling & color categories, as well as for the lip, eye, face and nail makeup categories.
Aid-to-formulation and innovative instrumental testing, as well as method development specifically for Hair and Makeup products manufactured by our client.
Their test methods are developed, validated, and adjusted to keep up with the exploration of novel properties of new formulas essential for our winning product ambition. They execute research and develop knowledge of hair and skin properties, including its response to environment and treatment, across various ethnicities.
location: Clark, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Developing new tools and ways of testing products, including real life, leveraging state of the art technology while keeping consumer relevancy at the forefront
- Designing, executing, analyzing, and communicating on our instrumental testing to drive the success of our winning product ambition
- Collaborating with labs, international colleagues, and evaluation teams to ensure we are employing and developing objective driven methods in line with the organization's vision
- Prioritizing project workload & working on efficiencies for daily operations
- Evaluating published literature (internal and external) on various topics surrounding hair and makeup testing
- Bachelors degree or higher, in an area of study such as Biological, Physical or Material Sciences, Chemical Engineering or Bio-Engineering, Computer Science/Software Development/Programming, Mechanical Engineering
- 6+ years of experience in a Research & Innovation universe, within an Instrumental evaluation sphere, ideally with consumer products.
- Experience in leading a team.
- Autonomy and rigor- you are comfortable in multi-project operational management
- Curious and inventive, with excellent inter-personal skills & leadership
- Desired skills: - Strong technical skills in instrumentation, imaging and computational software - Collaborative spirit and taste for teamwork - Strong operational and strategic decision-making - Analytical mind - Capable of working in a matrix organization - Proficiency in statistics and data analysis
skills: Data Analysis, Biology, Chemistry
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.