Development Biomarkers and Bioanalytical Sciences is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic associate scientist to join a dynamic team engaged in the development and implementation of PK assays as well as novel biomarkers for neuromuscular disorders.
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $40.58 - 47.74 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
The successful candidate will be expected to work in a fast-pace, highly collaborative environment and will develop immunoassays that support pre- and clinical advancement of therapies for neuromuscular disorders. The position requires biological techniques including ELISA and/or related immunoassays designed to measure large molecules (therapeutics, biomarkers) in biofluids (blood, CSF). The selected individual is expected to carefully plan and execute experiments in consultation with the supervisor including the analysis and interpretation of the experimental results to achieve agreed upon objectives. They will have the opportunity to work in cross-functional teams and collaborate with others as necessary. The individual is expected to clearly communicate their results and accomplishments to a broad audience at team meetings and in written reports.
- Expertise in development and implementation of bioanalytical (PK, Immunogenicity) and biomarker assays
- Experience with molecular biology techniques such as ELISA and ultrasensitive immunoassay platforms, and protein quantification.
- Experience with biological sample handling, including BL2 samples.
- A solid understanding of experimental design, underlying scientific principles, and the ability to rigorously analyze and document results.
- Must be adept at following protocols and should have the scientific experience to modify/troubleshoot it when necessary.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to clearly communicate results and to maintain detailed written records.
BS/MS in biological sciences with minimal 4 years relevant experience in academia or in the pharmaceutical industry Experience developing and executing ligand Binding Assay (ELISA, MSD, Luminex, Singulex). Working with recombinant proteins, antibodies, human tissue, serum, urine and CSF. Ability to read and execute lab protocols. Expertise in: ELISA, immunoassay development, biological sample handling Familiarity with other lab practices - protein quantification, standard protein and molecular biology techniques
skills: Cell Biology, Assay Development, Assay Method, Biology, Chromatography
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.