In this role you will cultivate a vision for the future of drug delivery devices leveraging your deep experience to impact the design, development, and commercialization of generations of products to come. Using a human centric design philosophy and the tenants of fast cycle product development, you will focus on developing an in depth understanding of specific market segment's users and driving the development of product solutions to address unmet needs.
location: Exton, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Plan, conduct and direct multiple complex projects.
- Perform critical and objective appraisals of the data generated
- Lead the development proof of concept test beds and methods to evaluate key performance criteria
- Lead the integration of subsystems and serve as a mechanism guru to other development teams
- Define performance criteria and testing modalities to develop a deep understanding of a technologies performance characteristics.
- Advise team members on material selection and manufacturing methods for prototyping and production
- Mentor engineers in their understanding of product development, innovation, and manufacturing methodologies
- Maintain an awareness of "state of the art" technology as it applies to our industry.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 10 Years of experience in product design/development
- Background in medical device or pharmaceutical industry
- CAD experience (preferably Solid works)
- Comfortable with ambiguity and complexity in your effort to solve problems
- Experience leading system/sub-system level development programs
- Demonstrated track record of generating intellectual property
- Knowledgeable of Design for manufacturability encompassing plastic injection molding and machining operations
- Experience designing design verification and validation activities
- Experience with electromechanical system design
- Experience in design for high volume and automated manufacturing
skills: Medical Device Product Development
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.