- Key member of a team of cell and molecular biologists working on design and characterization of vaccine candidates and supporting platform technology development.
location: Rockville, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $33.56 - 39.48 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Applies detailed fundamental knowledge of own specialty area or scientific discipline into solving process development problems
- Solves complex problems through analytical thinking; identifies and prioritizes solutions using knowledge gained through formal education, experience and sound judgment
- Fully understands the rationale and hypotheses for experimental designs
- Rapidly acquires theoretical and operational knowledge of laboratory equipment in own discipline. Trains and supervises other team members as necessary
- Executes and documents experiments/technical studies/tasks independently, maintaining good scientific practices
- Interprets results and communicates to his/her supervisor and/or designs next logical steps of experiments based on the data analysis
- Participates in project and technology transfer efforts
- Designs and executes new methods and protocols related to area of expertise
- Prepares detailed oral or written summaries of results with interpretation for projects/programs. Independently writes specific technical sections of internal and external reports
- Contributes to scientific papers and internal reports
qualifications: Basic qualifications:
- Degree in virology, molecular biology, cell biology or other vaccinology related discipline
- Fluency in English
- At least 5 years of experience in research and development, preferably including vaccine research in an industrial, academic or government laboratory settings
- Hands-on and in-depth understanding of cell culture, sterile techniques, protein expression platforms, cell transfection and selection in transient and stable expression systems
- Basic experience with common bioanalytical assay execution (ELISA, SDS-PAGE, Western blot, PCR assays). Preferred qualifications:
- MSc/PhD degrees.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to effectively collaborate within multiple project workstreams
- Ability to efficiently manage uncertainty, changes in priorities and timelines
- Hands-on cell culture experience, clone isolation and single cell cloning, FACS analysis and sorting
- Molecular biology; plasmid and viral vector design and optimization
- Experience with viral vectors and virology background would be an advantage.
skills: Molecular Biology, PCR, Cell Cultures
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.