job summary: Position:
The Scientist II will design experiments and studies, manage resources, and organize experimental set up. This person will write reports and work with the Team Leads to develop protocols and run studies for clients. The Scientist II will also review SOP's and provide feedback from improvement.
location: Norristown, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $45,000 - 50,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Design experiments and studies, manage resources, both equipment and personnel, and organize experimental set up
- Design new studies under the guidance of the team leads
- Work with the Team Leads to develop protocols and run studies for clients
- Act as study director in multiple studies and in different departments
- Review data and provide timely updates to sponsors
- Relationship Management for key accounts
- Report writing
- Review SOP's to provide feedback and contribute towards improvement
- Orient, mentor and teach laboratory methods, procedures and techniques to new chemists
- Participate on special project teams as requested by management
- Bachelor/Master's Degree in Science with minimum 3-5 years' experience in analytical chemistry & agrochemical.
- Knowledge of extraction procedures and basic fundamental of separation chemistry.
- Total knowledge of guidelines utilized to run high tier metabolism studies and residue studies.
- Ability to independently run instruments such as: HPLC/MS/MS, GC/MS/MS, UV, and others.
- GLP experience and have worked on GLP studies as they relate to the agro or pharmaceutical industries.
- Team management experience and coordination
- Report and protocol writing experience
skills: HPLC, SOP, Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.