Jr. QC Chemist
Great opportunity to work with a leading vitamin and supplement producer in North Jersey!
location: Leonia, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 22 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
- Performs routine testing of samples according to established procedures. This may involve collecting specialized samples in various production areas.
- Sets up and dismantles instruments and apparatus. Prepares solutions, suspensions and media to perform essential laboratory procedures.
- Makes and records observations, performs calculations, collects and may assist in preparing data for evaluation. Keeps supervisor informed of work status.
- Prioritizes workload and meets scheduled timelines.
- Informs supervisor of equipment and supply needs required to avoid delays in testing.
- Reports results of assignments and maintains and performs related record keeping in compliance with approved regulatory policies and standards to meet quality and accuracy requirements. Follows and complies with all appropriate operations and testing procedures, GMPs and safety and health requirements as applicable.
- Demonstrates good housekeeping practices to minimize analytical mix ups, potential laboratory contamination and safety hazards. Understanding and handling of hazardous materials and waste using proper and safe techniques. Selected qualified associates, at the discretion of the Quality Control/Quality Management, will be responsible for handling hazardous waste management.
- As required participates in conducting investigational testing of atypical results.
- As required, maintains laboratory standard.
- Periodically performs duties of a higher position for the purpose of training and development.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Basic verbal and written communication skills BS Degree in Chemistry, Biology is required.
- 0 to 3 years of experience required
- Basic analytical skills
- General computer skills
- Exhibit positive attitude regarding work and responsibilities
- Ability to work collaboratively within teams
- Ability to maintain effectiveness during major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures
- Continuously look for ways to do things faster and better, while maintaining high quality standards
- Is creative and intellectually curious; tries different and novel ways to solve obstacles
- Familiarity with instruments such as: HPLC, UPLC, GC, IR, UV-Vis and able to do acid and base titration preferred
- Ability to work independently and be able to perform minimal troubleshooting
skills: Molecular Biology, Quality control, HPLC, Biology, Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Microbiology, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.