job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: Redwood City, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40.00 - 44.95 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Perform and optimize HPLC and mass spectrometry (MS) based analytical methods to characterize therapeutic proteins, including monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) and antibody drug conjugates (ADCs), and novel engineered structures.
- Utilize your strong understanding of analytical chemistry and protein chemistry together with ABRs state of the art mass spectrometry, HPLC, and capillary electrophoresis capabilities to characterize structure activity relationships of biotherapeutic molecules under development.
- Author technical reports and test methods under guidance. Present results in Analytical Development group meetings and other internal meetings.
- BS, MS or PhD in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related field with 1-5 years of relevant industrial biotechnology experience or analytical chemistry lab experience.
- Possess a high level of understanding with regard to protein chemistry and biochemistry, particularly as related to biologic drug development.
- Demonstrated proficiency in performing and optimizing HPLC, mass spectrometry (MS) based assays, as they apply to protein characterization.
- Experience with analysis of monoclonal antibodies and/or antibody drug conjugates in an analytical development or quality control (QC) lab setting highly preferred.
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative scientific environment with strong communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.