As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With a hefty goal of discovering medical breakthroughs to treat devastating neurological ailments, our partner is focused on furthering research and finding ways to improve our healthcare system. You can feel secure in the fact that you will be paving the way to life changing practices when you work for this well-known team!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $37.59 - 44.23 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- The position requires expertise in state-of-the-art molecular and cell biological techniques and extensive hands-on experience with molecular cloning and cell culture.
- The successful candidate is expected to design and perform experiments with minimal supervision, analyze results and interpret the data, and present at team meetings.
- PhD, or BS/MS in biological sciences with minimal 6 years relevant experience in academia or in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with AAV gene transfer vector systems and CRIPSR gene editing is highly desired.
- Thorough knowledge of experimental design, underlying scientific principles, and the ability to rigorously analyze results.
- Must be adept at following, modifying protocols and troubleshooting when necessary.
- Must have a good understanding of the principle of CRISPR-based gene editing. Prior hands-on experience of designing and performing gene editing experiments is highly desired.
- Must have broad experience with molecular biology techniques, including cloning, primer design, plasmid DNA/genomic DNA/RNA isolation, gel electrophoresis, PCR, ELISA and western blotting.
- Must have experience working with multiple mammalian cell lines and proficient with cell culture techniques, such as transfection, lentiviral or AAV transduction, cell/tissue processing for genomic DNA and protein extraction.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to clearly communicate results and to maintain detailed written records and ability to manage multiple experiments at the same time.
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate closely with researchers across the client.
skills: Molecular Biology, PCR, Cell Cultures
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.