As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With a hefty goal of discovering medical breakthroughs to treat devastating neurological ailments, our partner is focused on furthering research and finding ways to improve our healthcare system. You can feel secure in the fact that you will be paving the way to life changing practices when you work for this well-known team!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $38.79 - 45.63 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The Acute Neurology and Epilepsy Research Unit seeks a highly motivated associate scientist to join our research team. Our mission is to deliver novel, impactful therapies to patients with acute brain injuries, including stroke, traumatic brain injury and episodic attacks such as epilepsy, which are responsible for massive burdens of long-term neurologic disability. The individual's primary responsibility is to advance target validation and drug discovery and development, through design and execution of bench science research.
The candidate is expected to have mastered a broad range of experimental techniques, preferably in the field of neuroimmunology or neurology. This position requires extensive expertise with in vitro assay development and ex vivo tissue analysis, having skills in a variety of molecular, biochemical and cellular methodologies. Experience with animal handling and in vivo modeling is strongly preferred.
- Skilled experimentation: independent experimental design, execution, and analysis.
- Collaborative team member within the acute neurology and across functions in executing on priorities.
- Preparation and delivery of effective presentations at team and project meetings.
- Research of pertinent literature to inform on methodologies and biology.
- B.S./M.S. in biological sciences
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in industry, with background or experience in neuroimmunology or neurology strongly preferred.
- Excellent technical skills and attention to detail.
- Expertise in molecular and cell biology and biochemical techniques: qRT-PCR, RNA quantitation; cell culture and aseptic techniques; ELISA, protein extraction, and Western Blot.
- In vivo expertise preferred including animal handling techniques, basic and advanced dosing techniques, surgical skills, tissue collection and processing.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, commitment towards achievement of set goals, and capacity to maintain detailed written records of research.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills of technical work.
skills: Molecular Biology, Data Analysis, In Vitro, In Vivo, Cell Cultures, RT-PCR
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.