Sr. Research Scientist (DMPK)
Studies determining Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism and Excretion patterns in laboratory animals and humans are an integral part of the Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics services. These studies are employed at the discovery, candidate selection, Investigational New Drug enabling, and New Drug Application stages of a development program.
As a Principle Investigator, you will lead the development of new in vitro and in vivo metabolism studies and technologies, implement process improvements, prepare controlled procedures and reports of results with data interpretation, author scientific papers to be published in peer reviewed journals and finally, present at scientific meetings as needed. This role is pivotal in maintaining reputation in the ADME field.
location: Newark, Delaware
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Conduct structural elucidation for in vitro or in vivo metabolites in various biological matrices and propose metabolite structures and metabolic pathways.
- Develop methods using flow-through radiochemical detector (FRD) in-line with LC/MS.
- Develop methods for metabolite isolation, separation and/or purification from the biological matrices.
- Operate the following instrumentation: UPLC, HPLC, High resolution mass spec, flow-through radiochemical detector.
- Participate in client communication and project management.
- Evaluate new technology to enhance research capability
- Participate in company R&D efforts.
- MS/Ph.D. degree in Chemistry or Pharmacology, with 3+ years experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of GLP regulations.
- Experience in structure elucidation of metabolites and propose reaction paths.
- Hands on experience in LC-MS/MS both low and high resolution MS.
- Proven ability to successfully work in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.