job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: North Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $24.00 - 27.94 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Discovery Platform Technologies has an opening for an Associate Scientist II/Scientist I in the Analytical and Purification Sciences group. This position will provide opportunities to devise innovative solutions to complex analytical and separation problems through the implementation and utilization of sophisticated instrumentation.
- Chiral analysis and purification of samples using supercritical fluid chromatography (SFC) and developing methods for the resolution of racemic drug molecules on milligram to gram scale by preparative chiral SFC
- Operate and maintain novel instrumentation for the analysis and purification of compounds from medicinal chemistry projects using SFC and HPLC
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting
- Demonstrate a high degree of responsibility in maintaining scientific standards, and safe laboratory practices for self and reporting staff, if any
- Keep accurate and current records of research and/or project related activities according to Company policies.
- MS, or BS in Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or closely related field with 0+ years (MS); or 2+ years (BS) of job related experience
- Hands-on experience with analytical HPLC/SFC, preparative HPLC/SFC, and mass spectrometry
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot a variety of hardware/software platforms
- Proven effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact effectively with scientists and engineers
- Experience in synthetic organic chemistry and the ability to communicate effectively with medicinal chemistry project teams
- Experience with instrument troubleshooting and maintenance
skills: HPLC, Protein Purification
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.