Seeking a full time Fermentation Lab Technician
location: West Chester, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $35,000 - 40,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Design and implement media optimization experiments geared toward goals of improved yield, maximum sporulation, or protein expression.
- Prepare and process 4-Liter Lab Scale Fermenters. This includes (but not limited to) media preparation, probe calibration, pH adjustment, batch sterilization/autoclaving, inoculum preparation, down-stream processing, etc.
- Monitor 4-Liter Fermenters.
- Operation and monitoring of 1500-Gallon Fermenter.
- Work on independent projects including media optimization.
- Assist with team projects.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Maintain impeccable notes and logs.
- Assist with general lab duties such as autoclaving glassware, media preparation, cleaning, etc.
- Work well as a team with fermentation and lab personnel.
- Bachelor of Science.
- Industrial experience.
- Experience with fermentation R&D including media optimization and downstream process optimization.
- Mechanical aptitude to disassemble, reassemble, and troubleshoot benchtop bioreactors.
- Experience with statistical Design of Experiments (DOE) preferred.
- Must be computer proficient and have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize workload.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ambition to master and improve fermentation department.
- Responsible, organized and good work ethic.
skills: MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, MS-Powerpoint, MS-Project
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.