As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With a hefty goal of discovering medical breakthroughs to treat devastating neurological ailments, our partner is focused on furthering research and finding ways to improve our healthcare system. You can feel secure in the fact that you will be paving the way to life changing practices when you work for this well-known team!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $44.75 - 52.65 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The Acute Neurology and Epilepsy Research Unit seeks a highly motivated associate scientist to join our research team. Our mission is to deliver novel, impactful therapies to patients with acute brain injuries, including stroke, traumatic brain injury and episodic attacks such as epilepsy, which are responsible for massive burdens of long-term neurologic disability. The individual's primary responsibility is to advance target validation and drug discovery and development, through design and execution of bench science research.
The candidate is expected to have mastered a broad range of experimental techniques, preferably in the field of neuroimmunology or neurology. This position requires extensive expertise with in vitro assay development and ex vivo tissue analysis, having skills in a variety of molecular, biochemical and cellular methodologies. Experience with animal handling and in vivo modeling is strongly preferred.
- Multiplexed MSD, ELISA, Western, qPCR
- Design and execution of assays and experiments to screen compounds
- Whole blood assays for compound screening
- Analysis that includes generation of IC50 curves
- Ex vivo tissue analysis for rodent PK/PD
- Working knowledge on how to generate an IC50 curve (dose response)
- Research on pertinent literature on biology and experimental methods
- Collaboration with team members
- Clear communication and presentation of results
- B.S./M.S. in biological sciences
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in industry
- Expertise with in vitro assay development, in the context of a drug discovery program
- Multiplexed MSD assays, ELISA, protein extraction, and Western Blot
- Tissue isolation from rodents and ex vivo tissue analysis
- Excellent technical skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Experience with animal handling and in vivo modeling
- qRT-PCR, RNA quantitation; cell culture and aseptic techniques
skills: Molecular Biology, Data Analysis, In Vitro, In Vivo, Cell Cultures, RT-PCR
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.