As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Internationally known for creating cutting-edge biopharmaceuticals for patients who live with rare genetic diseases, our partner strives to develop critical therapies for the small population - mostly children - that suffer from near unheard of conditions. If you're looking for an exciting opportunity to make a difference with an established company, this is the position for you!
location: Novato, California
job type: Contract
salary: $17.23 - 20.27 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The QC Lab Technician is an entry level member of the Quality Control team and is responsible for providing QC support to activities related to document organization and sample and/or laboratory equipment management (e.g. receipt, tracking, testing, disposal). It is expected that he/she will work independently under minimal direction while completing work assignments from routine to semi-routine in nature. Good written and verbal communication skills are essential. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a quality control testing environment and work with internal customers is preferred for the position.
- Organizes reviewed test records according to departmental policies.
- Organizes of documents for archival purposes.
- Receives samples for testing by the QC laboratory.
- Monitors laboratory equipment for calibration needs, maintenance and tracking of issues related to instrumentation.
- Communicates with QC Analysts, Associates, Management and consultants regarding critical equipment issues, events or deviations.
- Provides guidance to internal customers submitting samples for testing.
- Identifies testing requirements based upon predefined testing schemes.
- Manages elements of a Laboratory Information System (LIMS) for sample management and tracking.
- Support continuous improvement in quality systems (procedures and systems) to improve organizational effectiveness, quality assurance compliance, and sample management (cGMP, ICH).
- Work collaboratively with manufacturing/supply chain, quality assurance, regulatory, and project management to ensure timely availability of lot release, stability data, and other required analytical data.
- BS in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or a related field (with 0-2 years professional experience ).
- Relevant experience in a Quality Control function at a technician level is required.
- Experience with analytical systems (LIMS, laboratory control systems, stability/release systems) is required.
- Basic understanding of regulatory agency (FDA) requirement and international guidance (ICH) for drug substance and product under GMP is required as applied to biologics.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and deliver on tight timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in analytical data systems (Empower, LIMS) would be a plus.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent cross-functional team participation skills.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to be flexible with changing work needs
- Interacts with other functional leaders, project management and QC/AD team personnel
- Interacts with Contract Testing Laboratories, Contract Manufacturing Organizations, consultants and external partners
skills: Quality control, FDA, ICH Regulations, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.