As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. As a passionate group of people leading the charge for better health options, our longtime partner puts patients first. They know that every one of our employees is essential to achieving this goal. If you want to work in a challenging environment that sets the stage for growth in your career, join our team today!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $28.49 - 33.52 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Looking for people who have hands-on experience in a wet lab. General biochemistry & microbiology experience. Experience with tissue cultures, in vitro assays.
- Top 3 must haves: previous industry experience, tissue culture experience, general microbiology capabilities (PCR experiments, Western blotting).
- Rockstar candidate: RA experience, previous mRNA experience, oncology experience
The Research Associate will manage and support research activities.
- BS, MS, or PhD degree in pharmacology, biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in a wet laboratory setting (biotech, large pharma or academic laboratory)
- Self-driven and collaborative individual able to contribute across multiple projects
- Experience in standard molecular biology and tissue culture methodologies, including preparation of lentivirus, cell based and biochemical assays, protein expression and purification, protein analysis (coomassie and western blotting) etc...
- Experience in troubleshooting experiments and data analysis, and data reporting to manager in a timely manner
- Excellent record keeping to support data generation
- Previous experience working on early exploratory projects in a drug discovery setting (pharma, biotech, or startup)
- Previous experience managing a lab in an academic or biotech setting, including re-stocking frequently used reagents, replenishing Liquid N2, and monitoring tissue incubator CO2 levels
- Interfacing with consultants (eg: Safety Partners) to maintain lab safety per guidelines outlined by company and the City of Cambridge
skills: Molecular Biology, PCR, Assay Development, Biology, In Vitro, Protein Purification
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.