Scope, plan, design, develop and execute capital projects in production and packaging sites using TPM based Early Management tools and sound business rational. Evaluate improvements to existing processes and facilities to improve all plant metrics. Prepare Project Requirements for, select and manage Contractors as necessary to support project execution.
location: Bohemia, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
- Execute strategic capital investment projects using all TPM based Early Management Tools.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Support production and packaging facilities with technical leadership and facilitation of Root Cause Analysis, Focused Improvement and FMEA (Failure Modes Effects Analysis).
- Develop plan for equipment FATs (Factory Acceptance Testing). Expected to lead plant personnel through FAT process from concept to production.
- Participate in the development of Start Up planning with plant personnel to identify all additional labor requirements, scrap produced and start up inefficiencies.
- Ensure that all projects are completed with proper technical documentation, training, spare parts lists and support contacts based on FMEA and plant input. Develop and use standard project turnover and close out check lists.
- Partner with EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) on safety and ergonomic requirements to all equipment and layouts.
- Hold all vendors and contractors accountable to all fiduciary commitments and GMP and safety practices.
- Set performance guarantee criteria for all suppliers and vendors supplying equipment and solutions. Accountable for ensuring supplier and vendor commitments are fully met.
- Complete all projects on time, within budget and within scope and stated results.
- Develop project timelines and milestones around plant production commitments to ensure project completion. Utilized Gantt charts or the like to communicate project timelines and progress.
- Leverage standardization and Reliability Centered Maintenance principles to support project success.
- Communicate effectively both internally and with all customers to update status.
- May perform other duties as required.
qualifications: Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Education and Experience
- Capital Management Skills including an understanding of the Capital Planning, depreciation and cost estimation.
- Strong Maintenance Background including equipment, planning tools and TPM.
- Strong Microsoft Office ® Product Skills, including Microsoft Project ® .
- Strong AutoCAD ® skills.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings.
- Ability to prepare detailed planning documents including long-range planning and milestones.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience in the Food Processing or Pharmaceutical Industry.
- 2-3 years of Capital Project Engineering experience including projects > $500,000 in total spend.
- Experience in regulatory requirements including Air and Water permitting.
- Experience in Total Productive Maintenance tools and their execution preferred.
: Travel to local plants could be required as projects are developed, installed and started up. Travel could be as much as 60% regionally.
skills: HACCP, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Food Product Development, GSFI (Global Food Safety Initiative), USDA, Process Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.