Associate Scientist - Level 1
As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Focusing on immune diseases like HIV that affect a large percentage of the population, the work our longtime partner conducts is imperative to a better, healthier future. To be recognized as a crucial part to furthering this goal, join this growing team now!
location: Collegeville, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $20.54 - 24.17 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The role of Scientist is to work in their Analytical Development Department within the Cell and Gene Therapy Therapeutic area to support the development of suitable analytical methods that can support both process development and manufacturing of cell and gene therapy products
- Analytical testing to support process development activities
- Support laboratory and equipment maintenance
- Support general Process development activities e.g. media prep for cell process development
- Executes and write up scientific experiments in a timely manner and with high quality
- Participate in risk assessments to develop robust product control strategies for cell/gene therapy programs
- Support training of colleagues in QC and Product Development
- Review and compilation of results
- Performing work assignments accurately, timely and in a safe manner
- Training on routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs, and regulatory procedures and guidelines
- BSc in biology, cell biology, virology, biochemistry or related scientific discipline or a HNC/HND will also be considered
- Experience in bioanalytical testing
- Strong organisational and excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence in technical writing skills
- Demonstrable ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams
- At least 2-4 years of analytical testing experience
- Experience in cell biology
- Experience in tissue culture and flow cytometry
- Experience in qPCR, ddPCR, and immunoassays (e.g. ELISA)
- Experience in analytical testing in support of recombinant viral vector production, stem cell and T-cell therapies
- Experience in assays that measure infectious and physical viral titre, cell counting and viability, immunophenotyping of cells, and determination of process residuals (e.g. host cell proteins).
- Experience in stem cell and T-cell culture and transduction with lentivirus.
- Experience of vaccines, biopharmaceutical or cell and gene therapy product development
skills: Cell Biology, SOP, Flow Cytometry
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.