As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Internationally known for creating cutting-edge biopharmaceuticals for patients who live with rare genetic diseases, our partner strives to develop critical therapies for the small population - mostly children - that suffer from near unheard of conditions. If you're looking for an exciting opportunity to make a difference with an established company, this is the position for you!
location: San Rafael, California
job type: Contract
salary: $29.34 - 34.52 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The mission of Translational Biology is to conduct preclinical translational research evaluating potential therapeutics for severe rare diseases with unmet medical needs. We help provide proof-of-concept preclinical data in relevant disease models and data for understanding of mechanisms of action for these potential therapeutics.
He/She will primarily be responsible for sample receiving, sample preparation, tissue extraction and perform routine assays to assess pharmacokinetics, efficacy and mechanism of action of potential therapeutics.
- Sample receiving and management.
- Make protein lysates and extract DNA and RNA from cells and tissues samples.
- Performing assays including but not limited to enzymatic activity, ELISA, ddPCR, southern blot and western blot.
- Maintain and expand cell culture.
- Record and notebook keeping.
- Bachelor's degree in Science with 2+ years of relevant experience or Master's degree with minimal work experience.
- Experience with handling animal tissues will be required.
- Candidates with previous laboratory experience in protein/DNA/RNA purification, ddPCR, westerns, and/or cell culture will be preferred.
- Ability to follow protocols to perform experiments.
- Willingness to learn new molecular/biochemical procedures
- The position requires organizational skills, self-motivation, teamwork, and dedication to quality in a fast-paced setting.
skills: Protein Purification, Cell Cultures
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.