As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We are currently partnering with a company known for their leading clinical trials as well as Research & Development. With the goal to constantly develop innovative products, you will feel secure in the fact that you are making a difference. Apply for your dream job now!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $28.49 - 33.52 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Impeccable cell culture and sterile technique with demonstrated experience in maintenance, expansion and cryopreservation of cultured cells. Experience with primary cells is ideal but not required.
- Design and perform biochemical and cellular assays under the direction of the leading scientist to identify and validate new targets.
- Generate new cell lines and disease models using genetic manipulation techniques such as CRISPR, shRNA, RNAi, lentiviral/retroviral transduction.
- Evaluate new targets by using western blotting, immunoprecipitation, ELISA assays.
- Perform phenotypic assays using microscopy, immunocytochemistry, low throughput as well as high throughput high content imaging to enable small molecule discovery.
- Use molecular biology tools such as cloning, RNA/DNA analysis, qPCR to support advancement of our early stage programs.
- Collaborate with other members of the group and present their work at regular team meetings.
- Efficient and technically competent execution of lab work designed to advance early stage projects.
- Accurately interpret experimental data, perform statistical analysis, formulate conclusions and communicate data with colleagues.
- Maintenance of accurate and up to date records of experimental data.
- Presentation of data at regular internal meetings.
- Bachelors degree with 5+ years of drug discovery experience or Masters Degree with 2+ years experience.
- Prior experience conducting high quality science in an industry setting.
- Demonstrated ability to think logically and critically with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Team player with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work productively and to participate in a highly creative and fast-paced environment.
- Please do not present in PhD candidates.
- Need resources to have active cell cultured experience who have done molecular techniques.
- Cell Culture and Industry Experience is a MUST
- Antibody research is not type of skill-set needed for this role but protein purification experience is important
- Candidates who have been on short assignments are NOT ideal for this position.
- Ideal candidates have between 3-7 years experience. Candidates with 15 to 17 years experience are over-qualified for this role. Need candidates that are eager and willing to learn.
skills: Assay Development, Protein Purification, Cell Cultures
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.