Great opportunity to perform cutting edge research in the field of women's oncology
location: Fairfax, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $52,000 - 55,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Perform routine tissue sample preparation
- Ensures/provides quality specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Operates mass spectrometry systems/methodologies in order to produce timely and accurate proteomics data.
- Reports experimental data accurately and efficiently to customers.
- Maintains systems to ensure maximum up-times.
- Communicates to maintain team knowledge.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational and regulatory standards.
- Participates in professional growth opportunities to enhance personal, team, and departmental development.
- 1-3 years of experience with cancer biomarker research and advanced techniques in mass spectrometry and quantitative proteomics.
- Ability to support the operation and maintenance of advanced liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry instrumentation.
- Knowledge of proteomic profiling and translational cancer research.
- Experience in developing and adhering to standard operating procedures for instrument calibration and operational efficiency of the LC-MS instrumentation.
- Bachelor's degree from a nationally/regionally accredited college/university in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biotechnology or a related biomedical science; educational training must include at least two semesters (or equivalent) of upper-level, hands-on laboratory training in the biological or chemical sciences.
- Must possess a solid working knowledge of analytical sciences.
- Hands-on experience protein preparation, working knowledge of computer hardware, computerized equipment; organizational and time management skills; communication skills; interpersonal skills; team skills; troubleshooting skills
skills: Chemistry, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), Sample Preparation, Sample Testing, Sanitation, LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.