job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With therapeutic areas that include Oncology, Vaccines, and Rare Diseases, our partner aims to make treatments streamlined, easily accessible, and globally produced. If you share their goal of approaching healthcare in a novel way, look no further - apply for your dream job now!
location: New Haven, Connecticut
job type: Contract
salary: $13.71 - 16.13 per hour
work hours: 7 to 3
education: High School
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities
- To process and prepare specimens for proper storage.
- Specimen processing, verification of specimen compliance, and operation of centrifuges.
- Aliquoting specimens
- Delivering specimens to proper bench
- Preparing specimens for storage
- Retrieve samples from storage
- Arrange samples in proper order into specimen containers
- Properly pack specimen containers into shipping boxes and ship specimens
- Receive shipments from outside labs
- Store and log received shipments
- Perform inventory
- Wash glassware
- Dispose of specimens
- Perform basic maintenance
- Record data entry via computer systems
qualifications: Education & Qualifications
- High School Diploma. Associate degree preferred
- Two years experience in a hospital based or clinical commercial lab, performing specimen processing.
- Associate's degree (A.A./A.S.) in a scientific discipline (preferred).
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work beyond normal work hours and various shift availability required..
- Ability to perform and record data entry via computer systems while conducting timed clinical procedures.
- Must possess skills necessary for sample processing and handling.
skills: Chemistry, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.