job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With therapeutic areas that include Oncology, Vaccines, and Rare Diseases, our partner aims to make treatments streamlined, easily accessible, and globally produced. If you share their goal of approaching healthcare in a novel way, look no further - apply for your dream job now!
location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $24.56 - 28.89 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Operate a variety of treatment test equipment, such as HPLC, spectrophotometer, pH, PCR instruments, balances, etc.
- Conduct a variety of analytical lab tests in compliance with standard testing methods, procedures and regulations; implement quality control specifications; utilize a variety of methods to assure compliance to established standards and testing controls; interpret test results and prepare and submit reports related to test results.
- Notify appropriate personnel of abnormal or critical results and significant changes in lab results.
- Troubleshoot, clean and maintain instruments, glassware and equipment; conduct preliminary diagnostic test on equipment; assure materials meet standards of cleanliness to assure accurate test results; assure an adequate supply of test materials to perform daily testing; perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Prepare periodic and special reports concerning quality control and results of laboratory tests; prepare analytical results reports to relay qualitative and quantitative data.
- The candidate will also assist in materials management, ordering of supplies, shipping of samples, and other daily laboratory operations duties.
qualifications: Education and Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree with (1-5 years experience of GMP: HPLC + PCR)
- Master's Degree with 1+ years exp.
* No Associates *
- 1-5 years of experience in a GMP laboratory environment with a strong understanding of GMP concepts and requirements. PCR, HPLC, and similar technology experience is highly desired.
- Perform mathematical calculations applicable to chemistry testing.
- Must work cooperatively with others and thrive in a team environment.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand fluent English.
- Able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness while completing work in a timely manner.
- Follows instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Operate, maintain and repair equipment required to perform related duties.
- Observe health and safety regulations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit, talk and hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
skills: HPLC, Chemistry, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.