Research Associate I
As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Our partner recognizes the need for innovative care and utilizes Research & Development to further knowledge in Oncology, Neuroscience, Rare Diseases, and Gastroenterology. As a company that brings in over $30 billion in annual revenue, they have established themselves as a biopharmaceutical powerhouse that is changing the world. If you're looking for a position where your work will benefit millions of people, we are waiting for you!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $28.93 - 34.03 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
1. Independently perform formulation and process activities for buffer screening activities.
2. Analyze samples using established bioassays.
3. Apply statistical design of experiments methodology and results.
4. Effectively communicate results of experiments and analyses to supervisor and/or project teams.
5. Write and maintain data in laboratory notebooks in accurate and timely manner.
6. Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses of experimental procedures, data, and conclusions.
1. Perform buffer screening and formulation development activities of vaccines.
2. Conduct basic formulation and particle characterization analytics
3. Maintain cell-culture, and perform cell-based bioassays.
4. Set up and carry out formulation stability studies in a development.
5. Perform new procedures with only general instructions.
6. Make detailed observations, organize and analyze data, and interpret results in a clear and logical format (e.g., graphs, charts, summary).
7. Identify problems with experiments and troubleshoot solutions with guidance from supervisor.
Education & Qualifications
1. Good understanding of basic experimental objectives and concepts of experimental design.
2. Possess practical knowledge in formulation, buffer screening and formulation process development activities.
3. Possess practical knowledge in passaging cells and maintaining cell banks.
4. Possess basic working knowledge of general chemistry and biology/biochemistry, and of statistics.
5. Be well organized and detail oriented, effectively prioritize, eager to learn, interact cooperatively and effectively with others in a team environment, and consistently demonstrate reliability and responsibility.
6. Possess good oral and written communication skills.
7. Possess advanced word processing, data entry, data presentation and analysis computer skills.
8. Comply with company safety practices and standard operating procedures.
9. Exhibit and promote company Core Competencies.
10. BS Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or Life Sciences. 1-3 years laboratory experience, experience in particulate formulations and bioassays.
11. Possess a combination of education and experience in a physical and/or life science to work independently, serve as a resource for researchers, and help solve problems with instrument operation.
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Typical laboratory bending, stooping, lifting requirements apply.
- Lifting and moving supplies and equipment (up to 25 pounds).
Expected to be infrequent.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.