As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We are currently partnering with a company known for their leading clinical trials as well as Research & Development. With the goal to constantly develop innovative products, you will feel secure in the fact that you are making a difference. Apply for your dream job now!
location: Northbrook, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
R&D Finance are currently in the process of establishing a COE for both Accounting Services and FP&A Support. This position will be a contract assignment to assist in the transition activities and ensure business continuity during the migration.
This role will work with the R&D Finance FP&A teams to identify activities to transition and help develop appropriate process flows, with SLAs, key performance indicators of work quality and timeliness and interactions between the COE, financial business partners and functional customers.
- Manage Center of Excellence (Internal & External) for FP&A support & accounting services for R&D Finance.
- Manage repetitive and transaction activities through outsourced vendor Genpact possibly expanding to other BPO's as needed
- Provide all stakeholders with accurate, timely financial information to support decision making, business driver awareness, financial reporting, and enabling compliance with policies, regulations, and laws.
- Drive the discovery and migration of new service offerings for the COE.
- Accountable for work product of COE and outsourced vendors.
- Accountable for goverance of COE activities and service delivery as agreed through service level agreements.
- Collaborates with the R&D Finance team and other key stakeholders as defined to produce timely and accurate financial information.
- Oversee the COE as a subject matter expert in the planning and consolidation activities of R&D worldwide. Advise financial business partners and highlight any issues.
- Maintain master data within Anaplan and ensure mapping of regional source system financial data is established appropriately through partnerships with R&D finance colleagues.
- Develop ad hoc reports and financial models as required.
- Ensure co-ordination and compliance with globally and regionally required forecasting and reporting cycles
- Identifies and supports opportunities for process improvements within own activities and stakeholders' operations
- Collaborate closely with the other COE leaders to manage ongoing changes and co-ordinating the efficient use of the COE resources.
- Ensure the continual improvement of processes whilst maintaining high levels of service provision to R&D Finance
- Other such duties as may be reasonably required by the business.
- The experience level of this role should be within the range of a highly experienced Senior Manager or a Director who has expertise in either an accounting or FP&A discipline.
- Required to be co-located with the majority of the key departmental leads for Research & Development being supported
- Ability to operate effectively within a global environment, using remote communication, and appreciating different cultural backgrounds
- Ability to travel internationally on occasion
skills: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.