job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Our partner recognizes the need for innovative care and utilizes Research & Development to further knowledge in Oncology, Neuroscience, Rare Diseases, and Gastroenterology. As a company that brings in over $30 billion in annual revenue, they have established themselves as a biopharmaceutical powerhouse that is changing the world. If you're looking for a position where your work will benefit millions of people, we are waiting for you!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $38.00 - 41.78 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
- As a Contractor Scientist working on the Cell Therapy team, you will be empowered to assist in the development of cellular therapy products and work on cross-functional teams, and a typical day will include:
- This Contractor Scientist position will play an important role in developing the clinical manufacturing processes and/or methods for developing cellular therapy products. Independently, or with minimal supervision, plans and executes process, characterization and qualification studies. Prepares study protocols, reports, technology transfer documentation, and regulatory documents for clinical trials. Presents study results at team or department meetings, to external partners or at conferences.
- Works with departmental and/or cross functional peers to execute on assignments, under limited supervision.
- Owns responsibility for technical aspects of a project
- Prepares complex experimental protocols.
- Contributes significantly to project work which may include multiple projects within functional area.
- Reviews, interprets and communicates data internally (e.g., to supervisor, project teams) and prepares technical reports.
- Proposes and implements resolutions to technical problems/issues
- May participate actively on GCT project teams by communicating activities from designated functional area to project team
- Designs experiments/unit operations independently including follow up experiments as necessary.
- Assists with the development of project strategy and communicates complex data/decisions within department and cross functionally as necessary
- Supports local initiatives as directed by supervisor and participates in global CMC or functional initiatives as appropriate.
- Serves as a technical resource for junior staff and leverages expertise in laboratory technology as a functional resource/trainer.
- Coordinates within departmental as well as cross functionally with peers on project work
- To Be Considered for the Scientist Level:
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science and 8+ years relevant industry experience
- Masters degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 6+ years relevant industry experience
- PhD in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, chemical or biomedical engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 0+ years relevant industry experience
- Previous experience working in lab setting
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills - Able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems and determine causes and possible solutions using appropriate information
- Teamwork - Ability to work well in a highly cross-functional team environment
- Communication Able to expresses ones self clearly and concisely within team; documents issues and/or concerns concisely with colleagues ; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor; technical writing skills to support contributing to internal technical documents
- Organization - Exercises good time management and prioritization skills and is able to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge Sharing - Ability to capture organizational knowledge; improve solutions, processes, and deliverables through use of information; improve information capital by contributing experience, theories, deliverables, and models for others to use
- Technical - Advanced proficiency in use of applicable lab equipment and operations
- Cell Therapies:
- Experience in developing cell therapy or biological products, scale-up manufacturing processes
- Understanding and experience of using the tools of Design of Experiment (DOE) and Quality by Design (QBD) in process & assay design, development, qualification and validation is a plus.
- Beneficial to have experience in principles and practices of cellular immunology and/or stem cell biology, including cell culture, cell transfection and transduction, development and execution of functional in vitro methods relevant for various types of immune cells and/or stem cells.
skills: CMC, MS-WORD
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.