As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We are currently partnering with a company known for their leading clinical trials as well as Research & Development. With the goal to constantly develop innovative products, you will feel secure in the fact that you are making a difference. Apply for your dream job now!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $28.49 - 33.52 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Manage and organize the lab including restocking and ordering supplies and equipment maintenance.
- Maintain accurate records and assist scientist with recording experimental data.
- Assist with perfuming experiments using cell culture, RNA extraction, qPCR, flow cytometry, immunostaining.
- Perform immunofluorescence and light microscopy image acquisition including time-lapse and automated equipment
- Design and perform biochemical and cellular assays under the direction of the leading scientist to identify and validate new targets.
- Generate new cell lines and disease models using appropriate genetic manipulation techniques such as CRISPR, shRNA, RNAi, chemical and lentiviral/retroviral transduction.
- Characterise target biology by using appropriate biochemical techniques such as western blotting, immunoprecipitation, and ELISA assays.
- Assist the exploratory biology group with the development of cell-based assays including flow cytometry and imaging.
- Collaborate with other members of the group and present their work at regular department meetings.
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of drug discovery experience or Master's Degree with 2+ years experience.
- Prior experience conducting high quality science in an industry setting.
- Demonstrated ability to think logically and critically with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Team player with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work productively and to participate in a highly creative and fast-paced environment.
- Cellular therapy laboratory experience
- Knowledge of quality control
- Knowledge of immuno-fluorescent assay and microscope system
- Experience of mRNA handling and qPCR results analysis
skills: Quality control, Flow Cytometry, Cell Cultures, Sanitation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.