Jr. Project Manager / Project Coordinator
job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A longtime partner who prides itself on being a leader in many different practical manufacturing processes to better serve the entire population is renowned for pioneering new treatments for renal diseases, immune disorders, and more; the focus is on patient care. If you're looking to be a part of an impactful team, you won't be disappointed!
location: Deerfield, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $25.00 - 30.41 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
- Provides support to the project managers and overall project support function under minimal supervision. Responsible and held accountable for various tasks within a department or function.
- Responsible and held accountable for various tasks within a department.
- Coordinates events and activities.
- Maintains programs database.
- Produces and analyzes standard and specific reports as needed.
- Processes paperwork for department (i.e. collection and consolidation of status updates, creation of program dashboards).
- Responsible for capturing meeting notes and maintaining project management logs (actions, decisions, risks) .
- Maintains and improves programs internal SharePoint Site.
- Operates within specific guidelines both internally and externally.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED with 8-10 years of recent and relevant project support / management experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (strongly preferred) with 3-5 years of recent and relevant project support / management experience
- Minimum of three to five years project support / management experience within a similar sized organization required
- SharePoint & Database management experience preferred
- Meeting planning and logistics experience
- Software skills: Word, Outlook (calendar management), Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, macros, etc.), PowerPoint (intermediate to advanced); SharePoint; Visio
- Soft skills: resourceful, details oriented, result driven, self-motivated, strong possess business acumen, and sense of urgency.
- Previous Company experience would be ideal, but not required
- Proficiency with Intranet and Internet and strong knowledge of Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word a plus.
- Must have the ability to prioritize multiple projects/workflow and manage time efficiently in order to meet established timelines.
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal direction from manager and/or supervisor. Independently identify and recommend solutions/process improvements.
- Manage time independently within assigned responsibilities.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and can work with an appreciable amount of latitude.
- Good planning and project management skills.
- Must be able to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of management and employees within the company.
- Must be able to work within a team environment.
- Must have strong systems/applications and functional systems knowledge.
- Possess a broad knowledge of business operations (principles, practices and procedures).
- Business acumen
skills: MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.