As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Internationally known for creating cutting-edge biopharmaceuticals for patients who live with rare genetic diseases, our partner strives to develop critical therapies for the small population - mostly children - that suffer from near unheard of conditions. If you're looking for an exciting opportunity to make a difference with an established company, this is the position for you!
location: Novato, California
job type: Contract
salary: $18.50 - 21.62 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The Research Assistant, will support activities in the Formulation development laboratories encompassing the areas of laboratory equipment maintenance, laboratory facility maintenance, GLP documentation, reagent preparation, and supporting development activities as needed. The RA is responsible for oversight/scheduling of routine maintenance of analytical instrumentation, controlled temperature environment (CTE) chambers, general laboratory facility maintenance. The selected candidate should posses excellent organizational, and communication skills and also be a self-starter willing to work efficiently in a dynamic environment.
- Performs routine instrument/equipment maintenance to ensure the proper function and compliant use.
- Performs good documentation practices with instrument and equipment laboratory logbooks and ensures compliance in their documentation.
- Performs routine laboratory facilities checks to ensure proper maintenance and compliant use of the laboratory areas and equipment.
- Assists in the procurement, receiving, installment and repair of bioanalytical instrumentation and lab equipment.
- Coordinates and performs common reagent preparation of buffers and other necessary routine reagents used in research.
- Maintains and washes glassware
- Participate and contribute ideas in process improvement meetings
- Participates in projects or tasks assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Minimum: Associates degree in a scientific discipline and experience as a laboratory technician or laboratory assistant
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline and an academic background in biotechnology or equivalent.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and to perform tasks with direct or minimal supervision
- Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, is motivated, and organized
skills: MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), Sanitation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.