As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Our partner recognizes the need for innovative care and utilizes Research & Development to further knowledge in Oncology, Neuroscience, Rare Diseases, and Gastroenterology. As a company that brings in over $30 billion in annual revenue, they have established themselves as a biopharmaceutical powerhouse that is changing the world. If you're looking for a position where your work will benefit millions of people, we are waiting for you!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $36.48 - 42.92 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Translational and exploratory data analysis to support the company discovery and development projects.
- Performs advanced analysis of DNA-seq, RNA-seq, ChIP-seq and other sequencing data in combination with publicly available genomics data by applying unsupervised and supervised machine learning algorithms to extract novel and biologically meaningful information.
- Method development for translational research, e.g. predictive modeling for patient stratification and disease indication selection.
- Integrates genomics, genetics, epigenetics and literature data to strengthen understanding of diseases and treatment perturbations.
- Utilizes multiple approaches for analyses of genes, pathways and networks.
- Writes study reports and presents data effectively in all settings and with participants of all levels of the organization.
- PhD or equivalent in bioinformatics, computational biology, or a related field.
- Strong programming skills in R, Python, and/or other languages commonly used for bioinformatics analysis. Must be expert in applying major bioinformatics tools.
- Understands the advantages and limitations of various types of human genetic datasets (e.g. GWAS, CNVs, Rare variants, etc.) and has hands on experience in using public human genetics and epigenetics databases.
- Has a solid background in basic cellular and molecular biology with an understanding of neurological disorders.
- Strong communication and team working abilities to contribute in a team that operates as a unit on large projects.
- Be expert in sequencing data analysis such as RNAseq, DNAseq, scRNA-seq, etc.
- With deep knowledge and working experience to apply advanced machine learning methods such as Hidden Markov Chain, Support Vector Machines, neural nets and deep learning algorithms.
- Familiarity with databases such as UK Biobank, AMP-AD, PPMI is a plus
- Background in Neuroscience is a plus
skills: Data Analysis, Biology
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.