As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: North Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $27.97 - 32.91 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- What hours and days will this person be working? Monday thru Friday; 8am - 4pm or 9am-5pm
- Length of the assignment (6 months, 12 months, 2 years)? 6 months initially with possibility to extend
- What are the top 5 skills/requirements this person is required have?
- Required Skill 1: Ability to operate, maintain and troubleshoot LCMS systems
- Required Skill 2: Ability to develop analytical methods for quantitation of small molecules
- Required Skill 3: Ability to work in a high-throughput environment
- Required Skill 4: Ability to learn new techniques, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Required Skill 5: Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- What years of experience, education, and/or certification is required? BS in Chemistry 2-5 yrs. lab experience or Masters Degree
- What is a nice to have (but not required) regarding skills, requirements, experience, education, or certification? Proven experience operating and troubleshooting Agilent HPLCs, Leap/CTC PAL autosamplers and AB Sciex Mass Spectrometers; Highly motivated and self-driven with the flexibility to quickly adapt to different project
- What is the environment that this person will be working in (i.e. group setting vs individual role)? Group setting with opportunity for individual contributions
- Does this position offer the ability to work remotely on a regular basis or is it an on-site role? If remote opportunity exists, what are the options (i.e. 1 day remote, 4 days on-site)? On site role
- What previous work history/roles are a good fit for this role? ? Candidate who has worked in an Analytical Chemistry or Bioanalytical Lab and has experience with a high volume workload
- BS in Chemistry with 2-5 yrs. lab experience or Masters Degree.
- Solid use of instruments including HPLC, MS, and UV/VIS.
- Solid documentation skills and ability to present findings to larger groups are valuable.
- Must have experience with LC-MS (quantitative LC-MS in biological matrices highly preferred). Familiarity with sample preparation of biological matrices (such as blood, plasma, urine, tissue) also preferred.
- For a chemist II it would be expected that the individual has been performing LC-MS routinely for at least one year.
- Also, looking for someone as a strong communicator, team player, with curiosity (eager to learn), and with cross functional experiences.
skills: HPLC, Chromatography
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.