The Clinical Development IT Director leads all aspects of technology including strategy development, solution identification & implementation, ongoing operational support, risk management, and relationship management. The Director serves as the business relationship link between Clinical Development and IT at the executive level, and brokers all business technology needs on behalf of the business area with the various leaders in the IT organization to design, implement, and continuously improve Clinical Development's technology. This role proactively shares knowledge of technology risks and promotes opportunities to build competitive advantage by improving the efficiency and effectiveness of business units through IT services and capabilities.
location: Wilmington, Delaware
job type: Permanent
salary: $190,000 - 220,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Plan and direct the design, development, maintenance and support of systems implementations, upgrades, and ongoing technology operations within the Clinical Development group.
- Coordinate activities with the other IT teams as needed to provide seamless service to Clinical Development. Act as the key liaison across all functional areas including business units, IT, and outside vendors.
- Work with business leadership in the efficient and cost-effective delivery of strategic systems solutions.
- Establish governance measures to ensure secure and consistent systems implementation and operations.
- Manage assigned resources appropriately so that project timelines and defined support objectives are met.
- Perform technical/business analysis and prepare recommendations and business plans as needed.
- Possess broad knowledge of most technical and business resources and use them to effectively coordinate team members and external resources.
- Create consensus with other functions as to the timing of solution introductions and withdrawals.
- Oversee the launch of solutions and maximize the positive impact on the organization.
- Identify, screen, and evaluate new solution opportunities to address unmet internal and external customer needs.
- Define, measure, and report appropriate metrics related to operational support of assigned business areas.
- Partner with key staff members to create strategic business plans.
- Collaborate with other business and IT teams to ensure solution compatibility with company standards.
- Participate in strategic and budgetary planning processes.
- Provide recommendations on desired policies and goals; implement new/reviewed programs according to established guidelines.
- Participate in field research in pursuit of new solutions and to evaluate the applicability of and effectiveness of current solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in a Scientific discipline.
- 10 to 15 years of IT and Pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Must be an IT subject matter expert in the assigned business area.
- Experience in Clinical Development and Clinical Trial environments.
- Ability to perform strategic thinking and planning.
- History of operational execution excellence, including management of relevant teams.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to a variety of business and technical audiences.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
skills: CDISC, CRFs, Data Validation Plan, SDTM, CDASH, Clinical Data Management, GCP (Good Clinical Practice), CTMS (Clinical Trial Management Systems)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.