job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Our partner recognizes the need for innovative care and utilizes Research & Development to further knowledge in Oncology, Neuroscience, Rare Diseases, and Gastroenterology. As a company that brings in over $30 billion in annual revenue, they have established themselves as a biopharmaceutical powerhouse that is changing the world. If you're looking for a position where your work will benefit millions of people, we are waiting for you!
location: San Diego, California
job type: Contract
salary: $35.00 - 40.43 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
- The Senior research associate should be able to independently provide histological support to TCAL portfolio programs and target evaluation programs within all DDUs, this includes: histological support for target engagement, PD markers, disease biomarkers and general histologic analyses; provision of necropsy support as needed for all in-house in vivo studies; and histological evaluation of novel and existing animal and disease models according to the requirements of the DDUs.
- Perform independently, routine histology including specimen processing, embedding, slide preparation, microtomy/cryotomy, staining, and immunohistochemistry on FFPE and fresh frozen sections
- Work independently to establish standard and special staining protocols not yet established in-house on as needed bases.
- Perform In Situ Hybridization assays
- Manage priorities and setting appropriate weekly workload for the histology/IHC/ISH lab
- Coordinate with project leaders to set acceptable timeline for each project based on urgency and resource limitations and communicate with the upstream and downstream of histology/IHC/ISH processes as demanded by projects to provide meaningful and desired data.
- Maintain the operation of the IHC/ISH laboratory according to established standards and follow legal safety compliance.
- Work with various types of auto-stainers (Leica, Ventana), slide scanner (Hamamatsu and 3D Histech) and cassette printer
- BS/BA in a relevant field of biology or equivalent field and at least 3 years of experience in drug discovery, particularly pharmacodynamic studies in animal models of disease
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e., computers, phones, etc.)
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects up to 25 lbs
- Able to work in a lab environment
- Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise (Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and complexity of technical knowledge)
- Experience in histological techniques (ISH, IHC, embedding and sectioning) and familiarity with neuropharmacology and CNS biology
- Skilled in statistical analysis, graphing programs, PowerPoint presentations and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and possess the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to design and interpret experiments collaboratively and independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities to achieve desired goals
- Excellent attention to detail
- Leadership (Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
- Decision-making and Autonomy (The capacity and authority to make organizational decisions, autonomy in decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions, problem-soliving)
- Interaction (The span and nature of ones engagement with others when performing ones job, internal and external relationships)
- Innovation (The required level of scientific knowledge, knowledge sharing, innovation and risk taking)
- Receives highlevel instructions on all work; acts independently to determine methods on new assignments; provides guidance and may oversee junior staff
- Complexity (Products managed, mix of businesses, internal and/or external business environment, cultural considerations)
skills: GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.