job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Located in 100 countries, our longtime partner is known for being the world's largest producer of vaccines and for covering seven major therapeutic areas. To be a part of the science that is changing the world, apply now!
location: Ridgefield, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $17.60 - 20.71 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
- This position is responsible for performing routine tasks, operating equipment, and troubleshooting in the areas of automated Syringe Inspection and Syringe Packaging. This position supports execution of the production plan.
- Operate and troubleshoot high-speed automated Inspection and Packaging equipment.
- Typical tasks include loading syringes onto automated inspection equipment, changing label reels, replenishing packaging items (e.g. inserts, labels, cartons, lidding rolls, base film rolls, shippers), operating syringe assembly machine, thermoformer, cartoner, case palletizer, serialization equipment, and wrapping pallets.
- Participate in line changeovers and continuously strive to minimize line downtime and maximize OEE%.
- Ensure compliance with cGMPs and SOPs at all times.
- Perform routine Quality and Safety inspection walk-throughs of the production areas.
- Perform scheduled cleanings of equipment and packaging rooms.
- Will serve as witness of routine unit operation tasks for batch record signing.
- Maintains all associated documentation for operations being performed.
- May assist with formal CAPAs and NCRs as needed.
- Adheres to the production schedule and provides overtime and weekend support when needed.
- Performs routine assignments with supervision. Takes initiative to identify issues, troubleshoot, propose solutions, and keep management informed.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
qualifications: Education & Qualifications
- HS Diploma or GED and 3-5 yrs experience
- AA degree in science, engineering or a related discipline and 1-3 years experience
- BS degree in science, engineering, or a related discipline and 0-3 years experience
- Prior mechanical experience and/or experience working as a Packaging Operator in Pharmaceutical or Medical device industries.
- Engineering background
- Experience working with automated Inspection and/or Packaging equipment.
skills: CAPA, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), Manufacturing Operations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.