As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With a hefty goal of discovering medical breakthroughs to treat devastating neurological ailments, our partner is focused on furthering research and finding ways to improve our healthcare system. You can feel secure in the fact that you will be paving the way to life changing practices when you work for this well-known team!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $42.96 - 50.54 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The Translational Cellular Sciences group seeks a bioinformatics scientist with expertise in processing and analyzing large next generation sequencing (NGS) datasets, specifically RNAseq and single cell RNAseq.
The primary responsibility for this position will be to contribute to an external collaboration focused on the development of novel protocols for the differentiation of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC) into terminal cell types suitable for cell-based therapies. The ideal candidate will work closely with a cross-disciplinary team of biologists and bioinformatic scientists to apply novel computational techniques.
- BS/MS degree in a relevant scientific discipline with 2-5 years of experience in academia or industry
- Strong foundation in computational biology and statistical principles
- Experience in processing and analyzing large next generation sequencing (NGS) datasets, specifically RNAseq and single cell RNAseq (scRNAseq)
- Experience in a Linux environment and HPC environment (e.g. SGE, AWS)
- Experience in statistical programming (e.g. R, Bioconductor, MATLAB)
- Experience in scripting and programming languages (e.g. shell scripting, Perl, Python)
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new NGS projects/areas
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.