Under the direction of the Quality Manager or designee, the Laboratory Manager is responsible for the site management of all Quality activities at the manufacturing site. Provides leadership and guidance to the Quality team in the manufacture of dietary supplements and is a member of the factory leadership team.
location: Boca Raton, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Manage all laboratory operations in the central quality control laboratory
- Manage the global stability program. Ensure that all product families and matrices are covered so that the stability program supports our range of products.
- Review investigation reports to determine any corrective and preventive actions that are necessary.
- Provide logistical and resource support in order to meet throughput expectations and customer fill rates. This includes supply and personnel resources as well as direction for prioritization.
- Review end of study and investigation reports for stability studies to determine corrective and preventive actions.
- Oversee any testing or product issues for raw materials and manufactured products that are tested in the laboratory.
- Work with the Director to create and implement laboratory best practices across the laboratory network.
- Provide coverage for the Quality Managers' responsibilities in his/her absence.
- Review regulatory and customer audit reports. Implement any corrective and preventive actions necessary in response to audit observations.
- Optimize the testing rationale in the laboratory to optimize throughput while maintaining the correct scheme to ensure the quality of the product.
- Work with the recruiting and compensation departments to conduct interviews and decide on compensation offers for potential candidates.
- Has ownership of and deploys the quality management systems and test plans as defined by corporate policies and procedures
- Creates and manages a fully functioning control laboratory responsible for microbiological and chemical analysis of raw materials and bulk dietary supplements following CFR 111 and ISO 17025 requirements.
- Work with raw material/component suppliers and Procurement to effectively communicate quality issues and achieve resolution.
- Monitor the performance and competency of Quality staff and provide development as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned as requested.
- 8- 10 years of related experience with advanced expertise.
- Experience with laboratory management as well as global standard setting a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or other closely related discipline; with extensive significant experience can be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Ability to lead, train, motivate, and develop successful teams
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with associates, management, and cross functional partners.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (including, Word, Excel, Outlook) and familiarity with basic laboratory record-keeping systems.
- Influencing skills and ability to work effectively on a team.
- Passion to learn and teach and for building capabilities in others.
skills: Quality control, SOP, Quality Assurance, Biology, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.