Seeking a Metrology Engineer whose primary responsibilities will be to analyze complex data sets from Metrology equipment and recommend process changes, alterations to measurement methods, and design adjustments in order to improve product manufacturability and reliability.
location: Carlsbad, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Use strategic skills to leverage in-process data to propose meaningful changes
- Utilize high intellect to create and develop Coordinate-Measuring Machine (CMM) programs, and confirm correct Engineering specifications to predict final performance from in-process testing.
- Be a subject matter expert in Metrology and inspection techniques
- Respond to problems with a sense of urgency
- Understand the fundamentals of measurement techniques to contribute to the development of the right measurement requirement scheme for in-process and final test measurement efforts
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Related Field, required.
- 2-4 years of experience in Metrology or similar field preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting by leveraging data from Metrology equipment, required.
- Experience developing reports to analyze data trends and propose meaningful conclusions, required.
- Ability to communicate advanced product knowledge, required.
- Design of experiment leadership experience, required.
- Advanced Metrology programming and data analysis on at least one of the following, required:
JMP Statistical Software Knowledge, preferred.
VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) and Macro Development Knowledge, preferred.
skills: Data Analysis, Data Analysis Software, Process Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.