As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With a hefty goal of discovering medical breakthroughs to treat devastating neurological ailments, our partner is focused on furthering research and finding ways to improve our healthcare system. You can feel secure in the fact that you will be paving the way to life changing practices when you work for this well-known team!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $41.46 - 48.78 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Recommend and implement solutions to improve lab function. Identify gaps in current practices and identify innovative ways to streamline core responsibilities. Work with internal and external scientists to enable efficient implementation of new procedures.
- Monitor compliance with regulatory and safety requirements, including assisting with audits and resolution. Perform risk analysis of current practices and proposed solutions to guide continuous improvement.
- Primary liaison for vendor site visits for routine and non- routine maintenance. Assist the subject matter expert in scheduling work and ensure documentation per Standard Operating Practices.
- Coordinate instrument installation, maintenance, and retirement as determined by the equipment owner or functional area management. Instrument maintenance involves assignment of activities to appropriate laboratory staff or outside vendors.
- Work with functional area management for budgeting, lab space planning, capacity planning; coordinate lab
- Bachelor's Degree in life sciences.
- 7+ years of experience in an industry setting with a focus on laboratory process improvement, operational administration, and/or interdepartmental collaboration
- Extensive experience in a wide breadth of BSL2 level in-vitro/in-vivo practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and implementing operational improvements in general, as well as related software development
- Ability to lead/influence others without authority
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to create content with a deep understanding of industry-specific subject matter, and company standards
- Excellent decision-making, communication and collaboration skills with proven cross-functional and multi-level relationship building skills
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Express interest in wanting to grow in an operational/management role
skills: SOP, MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, MS-Powerpoint, Vendor Management, In Vitro, In Vivo
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.