As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With a hefty goal of discovering medical breakthroughs to treat devastating neurological ailments, our partner is focused on furthering research and finding ways to improve our healthcare system. You can feel secure in the fact that you will be paving the way to life changing practices when you work for this well-known team!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $31.03 - 36.50 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
This person is responsible for managing the quality interface with packaging and testing partners for clinical small and/or large molecules, early to late phase for finished drug products.
This person will be the primary quality contact for onboarding new clinical assets, product / process transfer, scaleup / validations, product disposition, exceptions (deviation, CAPA), change control and risk management. This person will lead and/or support continuous improvement initiatives related to the company's QMS and procedures for CMO and partner oversight. This person will be the primary quality contact for onboarding and CMO oversight.
This position collaborates with internal and external functions such as External Manufacturing Operations, Clinical Supply Chain, Label Development, Planning & Logistics, Regulatory Affairs, Product Development Quality and Technical Development to ensure compliance with cGMP regulations and the company's QMS.
Success in the role requires a strong knowledge in quality operations and in the application of phase appropriate, risk-based quality principles. Success in this role requires an ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external counterparts, possess effective interpersonal, strong verbal and written communications skills, a collaborative spirit and ability to think outside of the box to influence and drive continuous improvement efforts. This person must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction and ability to deal with ambiguity and changing priorities.
- Ensure efficient and effective use of time to support priorities and drive for results
- Oversee quality aspects of GMP activities for clinical product packaged, stored, and distributed, through the company's CMO network. Activities include product disposition, quality support packaging operations, exceptions management, change control, risk management, technology transfer and validation
- Provide Quality expertise to influence tactical decisions needed to package and disposition product in a compliant manner to GMPs
- Support company initiatives to improve systems/processes in Global Quality with a goal of compliance, efficiency and standardization
- Perform risk assessments in response to product / quality system failures, investigations and regulatory inspections
- Perform tasks and makes decision consistent with cGMPs, GDPs and the company's quality governance
- Collect and perform trend analysis for KPIs
- Additional duties as assigned
- BS degree in life sciences, engineering or related field preferred
- Minimum of 2 years pharmaceutical manufacturing, packaging, or laboratory experience including at least 5 years in clinical and or commercial quality operations.
- Experience in quality operations as it relates to unit operations for the manufacture of either one or more of the following modalities: Parenteral, Oral Solid Dosage Form, ASOs.
- Experience working with third-party GMP vendors.
- Comprehensive knowledge of GMP and GDP regulations and subsequent applications to pharmaceutical drug manufacturing, and or packaging and distribution.
- Good understanding of CMO mediated Supply Chain activities including process, technology transfer, and routine operations
- Experience in contributing to regulatory filings and inspections preferred.
skills: Quality Assurance, CAPA, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), Manufacturing Operations, Clinical Supply Chain
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.