As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We are currently partnering with a company known for their leading clinical trials as well as Research & Development. With the goal to constantly develop innovative products, you will feel secure in the fact that you are making a difference. Apply for your dream job now!
location: Northbrook, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $42.50 - 50.00 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
A team player who performs a wide variety of payroll, time, and tax activities including: record keeping, payroll processing, audit and reporting activities for a multi-state, multi-entity, bi-weekly payroll for salaried and hourly, full time and part time employees and a monthly expatriate payroll ensuring efficient, accurate and timely payroll delivery. Provides high quality employee service effectively resolving employee issues on a timely basis.
- Responsible for supporting payroll tax activities, including compliance with local, state, and federal regulations. Responds to questions and special requests from employees and works with 3rd party payroll provider on agency inquires. Researches laws and regulations regarding taxes and payroll withholding procedures.
- Accountable for paid time off support to USA and Canadian employees. Ability to work with internal business partners to run/interpret reports, audit time, and make adjustments.
- Performs tasks to establish and maintain employee, payroll, and paid time off records. Maintains payroll system and processes payroll/time records, including, but not limited to new hire set up, tax form processing, local taxes, timekeeping input, incentive payments, relocation, voluntary deductions, terminations, garnishment processing, and monthly expat payroll
- Reviews, analyzes, and take appropriate actions needed based on daily system file feeds onto payroll platform. Ensures that employee changes are entered correctly and within current payroll schedule. Prepares and audits time files for nonexempt employees bi-weekly. Audits and reviews changes for proper authorization, adhering to all company policies and are compliant with federal/state/local regulations. Identifies and corrects out-of-balance conditions before finalizing payroll.
- Receives and responds timely to telephone, e-mail inquiries, and mail. Understands and can interpret and explain payroll policies and procedures to company employees of all levels. Provides high quality service to employees and effectively resolves employee issues.
- Researches and analyzes paycheck and time discrepancies and processes appropriate corrections. Analyzes audits, reconciles, and resolves complex payroll processing and employee payroll/time issues. Ensures payroll reporting and payments are compliant with company policy, generally accepted accounting principles, and federal, state and IRS regulations.
- Researches and interprets federal and state regulatory requirements and resolves tax, withholding, garnishment, and wage/hour issues for payroll processing. Performs quarterly and annual balancing of wage and tax reports. Finds and works with 3rd party vendors to correct errors in a timely manner to ensure accuracy of payroll tax withholding, minimizing potential penalties.
- Responsible for accurate set up and system maintenance of SUI rates, registration of new accounts when required and verification of SUI rates by work location. Calculates and sets up garnishments, levies, and family court orders in payroll system.
- Coordinates efforts between payroll, human resources, finance, benefits, and other departments to ensure proper flow and accuracy of employee data. Coordinates with Finance to ensure the accuracy of payroll codes and general ledger account mapping in relationship to the payroll interface uploaded each pay period.
- Prepares reports for Finance and Accounts Payable for remittance of payroll tax wires, caf 125 plan, 409 plan, 401k wires, and 3rd party vendor payments. Provides data for auditors and local, state, or federal agencies as needed.
- Maintains payroll files and provide necessary reports or documentation according to the company's established procedures. Monitors procedures for accuracy and relevance and works to create SOP. Proficient in all areas of payroll operations and able to train/encourage teammates on all items related to payroll, tax, and time.
- Process payroll for 2,700 + U.S employees across all states and affiliates
- This position reports directly to Payroll Operations Manager and HR Data. This position participates in the processing of all payroll for all U.S. entities and U.S. based expatriates.
- Associate Degree in Business Administration/Finance or equivalent level of knowledge in a relevant field.
- 8+ years payroll experience performing all functions of payroll.
- Excellent customer service skills with an ability to effectively handle and resolve employee inquiries and issues.
- Agile employee who is able to work in a fast pace evolving environment.
- Ability to learn/improve on process/procedures.
- Excellent skills using MS Word, Excel, and cloud solution HR systems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion. Demonstrated high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Advanced problem solving /judgment skills and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure. Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
- FPC or CCP certification
- Experience working in global organization
- ADP experience
- SAP experience
skills: MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.