As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With a hefty goal of discovering medical breakthroughs to treat devastating neurological ailments, our partner is focused on furthering research and finding ways to improve our healthcare system. You can feel secure in the fact that you will be paving the way to life changing practices when you work for this well-known team!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $42.96 - 50.54 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The Translational Cellular Sciences group seeks a highly motivated Associate Scientist with strong expertise in cell culture and cell-based assay development. The successful candidate will support the development of human cell-based models of neurological diseases to help advance drug discovery programs across the company's therapeutic areas. The ideal candidate will be experienced working with differentiated inducible pluripotent stem cells (iPSC) for assay development using imaging-based techniques. Key responsibilities are the generation of primarily neural cell types from iPSCs, (co-)culture of cells in 2D and complex 3D microphysiological systems, and design and execution of relevant assays with an emphasis on high-content imaging. This laboratory role requires some rotational work on weekends. Open communication and a collaborative mindset are necessary to succeed in our cross-functional team environment.
- This position requires a BS/MS degree in a relevant scientific discipline with 3-8 years of bench experience in academia or industry
- Advanced hands-on experience with cell culture techniques is essential, iPSC maintenance and execution of differentiation protocols is preferred.
- Proficiency in immunostaining techniques and microscopy is required; experience with high-content imaging and image analysis is desired.
- Experience with applied basic molecular and cellular techniques, including qPCR, western blot, immunoassays.
- Previous experience with microphysiological systems is a plus (multicellular cultures, 3D cell culture, microfluidic platforms, etc.).
- Ability to independently execute, troubleshoot and analyze experiments and to interpret results.
- Precise documentation of procedures and results in compliance with ELE guidelines is expected.
- The candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate must be highly self-motivated and work collaboratively in a matrixed environment. This position requires strong interpersonal and organizational skills as well as agility and a steady commitment towards achievement of goals.
skills: Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Assay Development
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.