Great opportunity to gain laboratory experience in the vitamin and supplement industry. Our client would like to move quickly on getting this role filled and interviews are being scheduled now!
location: Bohemia, New York
job type: Contract
work hours: 7 to 3
- In accordance with established procedures and instructions performs routine analysis of samples
- Processes samples for chemical and / or biological analysis. This may involve collecting specialized samples in various production areas. This may also involve sample preparations for further analysis by other laboratory personnel
- Conduct routine and laboratory support functions, such as preparation of media, reagents and stand solutions, stocking and distributing supplies and equipment and collecting , washing and storing glassware. As required, maintains related notes and records
- Makes and records observations, performs calculations, collects and may assist in preparing data for evaluation. As required, operates personal computer applies various software packages to input or retrieve data and information. Keeps supervisor informed of work status
- Reports results of assignments and maintains and performs related record keeping in compliance with approved regulatory policies and standards to meet quality and accuracy requirements
- Follows and complies with all appropriate SOPs, QPs, GMPs and safety and health requirements as applicable
- Demonstrates good housekeeping practices to minimize analytical mix-ups, potential laboratory contamination and safety hazards
- Sets up and dismantles instruments and apparatus required by job function
- Assists higher-level technical and scientific personnel as needed to learn more advanced techniques, equipment, instrumentation and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in a Scientific discipline preferred
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Prior Laboratory experience preferred
- Ability to write simple correspondence and exercise basic mathematical skills
- Must be able to respond to verbal and written instructions in basic English
- Must be open to cross-train in different areas, standing for long periods of time
- Able to work Overtime as the Business requires
skills: Biology, Chemistry, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), Sample Preparation, Sample Testing, LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.