job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With therapeutic areas that include Oncology, Vaccines, and Rare Diseases, our partner aims to make treatments streamlined, easily accessible, and globally produced. If you share their goal of approaching healthcare in a novel way, look no further - apply for your dream job now!
location: Lake Forest, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $75.98 - 89.39 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities
- The primary function of the Director, Portfolio and Project Management, in the Upjohn Research, Development and Medical (RDM) organization is to manage a portfolio of global RDM pipeline projects that drive growth both organically and inorganically.
- From a portfolio management standpoint, the incumbent is responsible for achieving key business objective in the areas of resource management, business performance/metrics reporting, Op Plan process support, and planning and operational continuous improvement initiatives.
- The portfolio director collaborates cross-functionally to develop, implement, and optimize portfolio processes and ensure consistency in evaluation of opportunities and representation to Upjohn RDM governance forums.
- The portfolio director is also responsible for managing individual projects that require a high level of project management proficiency serving as the single point of accountability for driving the project to completion while adhering to the approved timeline and budget.
- The project may involve various therapeutic areas and teams comprised of cross-functional members including other RDM functions (Pharmaceutical Sciences, Regulatory, Clinical, and Medical) and functions outside RDM, (Commercial, Global Supply, Legal, Compliance, etc.).
- Many of the portfolio projects this individual manages are strategically important and complex and require a both strategic and tactical project management competence.
- The project teams will be comprised of globally-dispersed members and involve both developed and emerging markets.
qualifications: Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or similar discipline; PMP and Six Sigma certification a plus
- Minimum 8 years of experience; 12+ years preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical R&D processes, especially life cycle management (LCM) and post loss-of-exclusivity (LoE) activities
- Ability to anticipate obstacles and manage risks through effective scenario analysis and contingency planning
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical information both verbally and in writing to a broad array of team members and stakeholders, including senior leaders, in a manner that facilitates understanding and decision-making
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional presence
- Ability to absorb and synthesize new information quickly and adapt approaches to new situations and environments
- Experience leading cross-discipline teams with internal and external members to deliver objectives per required timelines and within defined budgets
- Ability to situationally apply project management tools and techniques to plan, track, manage, and report activities and assess team health
- Ability to lead and influence without direct authority and manage conflict to find win-win solutions among stakeholders
skills: Project Management, Biology, Chemistry, PMP
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.