Due to rapid growth within our business, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Category Manager at our King of Prussia site. The Category Manager will be responsible for strategic sourcing initiatives for across North America. We are looking for an experienced Category Manager, preferably with previous experience supporting a professional services sourcing.
location: King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Develop procurement plans and gather requirements, evaluate opportunities for improvement and identify internal strategies/trends; validate baseline spend
- Regularly perform strategic analysis of the category spend, market segmentation, market trends and other influencing factors that feed into a documented Opportunity Analysis Reports and Source Plans
- Review, update and refine the strategy and plan in line with strategic objectives and changes in market conditions
- Manage supplier relationships, including conducting regularly scheduled strategic supplier review meetings with suppliers.
- Classify suppliers and establish a performance review team to develop performance improvement plans and evaluate progress against plan.
- Develop replacement and transition plans in case of supplier replacement and resourcing
- Direct management or oversight of all supply contracts within the category, including the identification of alternative vendors, supplier performance monitoring, reporting and intervention
- Extensive experience in Professional Services and Indirect Purchasing
- Experience of stakeholder management in a complex decentralized global environment
- A degree in Business or Supply Chain preferred
- Extensive experience in Legal and Risk category preferred
- Purchasing Management Certification (ISM) preferred
- Experience of the full range of Procurement tools, techniques and accountabilities ranging from supplier management, category analysis; buying and handling
- Demonstrated experience in successfully negotiating complex supply agreements
skills: Sourcing Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.