job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: Waukegan, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $20.00 - 29.87 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
- Responsible for all administrative functions of the department: answering phones, calendar management, scheduling travel, managing correspondence and scheduling couriers, processing expense reports, meeting/event planning, creating or modifying business documents, preparing presentations from source materials, handling teleconference and WebEx setups, acting as a liaison for remote access issues.
- Provides general administrative support. May provide back up support to higher-level management as needed.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures. Follows purchasing and requisition procedures, Corporate Security and Privacy Rules, Corporate Branding Guidelines, and Copy Center procedures (if applicable).
- Interacts with high-level executives and handles confidential or business-sensitive information.
- May include some support for tracking budget expenditures.
- Coordinates and maintains departmental files, as assigned, in compliance with corporate and government regulations.
- Orders business cards and stationery.
- Uses and understands Microsoft Office Suite, Delta View and other business-specific software, including the Corporate Travel Web site, and other department management systems (as applicable).
- Coordinates new employee office set-ups and onboarding.
- Coordinates on and offsite meetings, dinners, events and team activities
- May train/coordinate work for new administrative assistants.
- Operates with general instruction and some supervision.
- 3+ years of administrative experience, preferably supporting executive management
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Skills (e.g. Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with Concur for domestic and international travel and expense processing
- Experience monitoring and maintaining SharePoint sites
- Sharp attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Safeguards confidential information
- Strong and effective communication skills
Other desirable skills:
- Project management skills or ability to drive projects as needed
- Previous Company, pharma experience preferred, large corporations and healthcare organizations considered
skills: MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, MS-Powerpoint, MS-Project, Administration, Calendar Management, Expense Reporting, File Management, Office Management, System Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.