As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We are currently partnering with a company known for their leading clinical trials as well as Research & Development. With the goal to constantly develop innovative products, you will feel secure in the fact that you are making a difference. Apply for your dream job now!
location: Northbrook, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $50.22 - 59.09 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The Associate Scientific Publications Director is responsible for supporting data communication through high quality peer-reviewed publications that extend medical community, patient and other stakeholders' knowledge of company products, therapy areas and business. The incumbent will work within a matrix environment to support development of globally aligned publication plans and English-language publication activities for assigned products.
- Works under the guidance of the Director, Scientific Publications TA Lead, supporting translation of medical strategies and objectives into actionable publication plans for assigned compounds/products
- Cooperates and collaborates within matrix teams across the organization at global as well as regional level
- Responsible for timely execution of the publication plan included in the Core Medical Plans approved at the Core Medical Team (CMT) level
- Responsible for vendor management
- Reviews draft publications for content quality & support by data, to ensure alignment and consistency with author direction, and with company policy and SOPs
- Responsible for achievement of budget objectives & project goals within department priorities
- Develops & revises publication plan in line with approved medical strategies for the assigned compound/product, data availability, changes in the scientific, regulatory and access landscapes globally and in markets of interest
- Gains endorsement of annual publication plan by governance bodies per company process prior to plan execution
- Fosters collaborative relationships with academic and clinical experts, publishers, medical associations and other relevant stakeholder groups
- Supports cross-functional global alignment across a broad range of key internal stakeholders as per company process (CMTs, GDPTs, Health Outcomes & Alliance stakeholders)
- Demonstrates understanding of disease area, medical strategies & objectives required to provide input to leaders on matters related to publication planning & data disclosure Quantitative Dimensions
- Leads development, implementation & updates of robust publications plans for assigned compounds/products 13) Manages associated budget, including monthly reporting of actual expenditure and quarterly updates to forecast
- Manages vendor & ensures monthly reporting of activity status
- Provides input for associated metrics to fulfill internal reporting requirements Organization Context
- Reports to the Director, Scientific Publications TA Lead
- Liaises with Director-level Medical leaders within Medical Affairs including HEOR, Development including DDR, Global, Region and Affiliate teams Required Qualifications
- At least 5 years' experience in the pharmaceutical, healthcare or related industry (such as experience in publication management; pertinent academic or clinical research, or medical or technical writing experience combined with project management skills).
- At least 3 years' experience within Scientific Publications.
- Understands and adheres to relevant guidelines (such as , company policy and SOPs ICMJE, GPP3,IFPMA and Sunshine Act in a compliance driven environment
- Outstanding interpersonal, time management, and written & verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities with successful outcomes
- Demonstrated capability in publication project management combined with medical or technical writing, editing & review skills, with outstanding attention to detail
- Working knowledge and familiarity with publication management tools & systems
- Demonstrated track record of working in a matrix environment
- Understanding of non-clinical and clinical research including clinical trial design & execution, statistical methods and clinical trial data reporting requirements
- Demonstrated problem solving &decision making skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.