Are you an engineer looking to lead a team to investigate, design, develop, and maintain optical-based products, technologies and systems for the real?time measurement of microbial detection? If so, this may be the position for you!
location: Tucson, Arizona
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Leads the Tucson R&D team to design and develop new optical detection based instrumentation systems to meet business objectives and product specifications. The position requires analytical instrumentation development experience with broad range of expertise in areas such as optical measurements and low-level optical signal detection. The development activity ranges from ideation to concept development to design to production transfer.
- Manages and develops basic-to-advanced research and technologies for optical microbial detection technologies and measuring systems for new analytical instrument products and services.
- Leads investigations to overcome technical challenges to deliver innovation that supports future product development. Acts as a principle driver of innovation for our RMS business, and owns the execution of the innovation roadmap at the site.
- Interfaces with Manufacturing Engineering to provide easy-to-assemble and easy-to-test products. Evaluates and implements procedures and calibration methods to test and adjust optical assemblies and instruments in production. Experience with DFMA principles preferred.
- Provides support for all stages of the product development lifecycle: from ideation to design to Production ramp-up to maintenance-of-line to product obsolescence.
- Drives Continuous Improvement of processes to improve teamwork and efficiency, Investigates problems to products/processes, and finds and implements solutions. Fosters and environment that supports positive change and a culture of learning.
- As a senior manager in Tucson, this position would also be Site Manager to the Tucson R&D staff. This person will be responsible for management and administration, and oversight of the people, processes and resources at this location.
- Ensures strong safety culture, and takes actions in support of personnel and site safety.
- Occasional travel up to 25% possible.
- MS in Optical Engineering, Physics, E.E., M.E. or equivalent work experience with (optical-based preferred) analytical instrumentation.
- Minimum 5 years experience designing optical, mechanical-optical, electro-optical, chemical, spectroscopic systems or other analytical instrumentation for process control instrumentation. Low light level detection technology experience is desirable.
- Engineering staff management experience required. Leadership and organizational skills are required. Leads a dynamic, cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Direct hands-on design skills in a relevant engineering discipline. Preferred areas of engineering competence include instrumentation systems, signal analysis and processing, electrical, hardware, and opto-mechanical.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required to work with a wide range of staff
- Experience managing product development projects with examples of bringing high quality instrumentation to the market is required. Formal project management certification is not required, but the applicant should be experienced with contemporary project management practices (Agile, Waterfall).
- Proficient in the use of standard Microsoft Office tools.
skills: Chromatography, Design Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.