As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We are currently partnering with a company known for their leading clinical trials as well as Research & Development. With the goal to constantly develop innovative products, you will feel secure in the fact that you are making a difference. Apply for your dream job now!
location: Northbrook, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $53 - 63 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The Associate Director, Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) is accountable for proactively formulating and implementing integrated company strategies and tactics in response to emerging clinical and health economic trends and the changing healthcare landscape. This individual is accountable for providing HEOR expertise to and Core Medical Teams and Core Development Teams and ensures that HEOR perspectives are represented in the various plans (e.g. Core Medical Plan) for assigned compound(s). He/She is expected to have the knowledge and skills to design and execute a number of studies, economic models & other HEOR activities including but not limited to comparative effectiveness studies, observational studies using real world data, patient reported outcomes, and economic/cost-effectiveness modeling for in-line and development compounds. This position requires working closely with key external and internal stakeholders, including MA, Global & Regional Therapeutic Area colleagues, Global & Regional Pricing and Market Access, Global & Regional Affiliates and MA, Global/Asia Oceania/Japan/Americas HEOR colleagues to achieve business objectives.
- Execute health economic and outcomes projects that are medically relevant, scientifically valid and appropriately planned and executed
- Develop global HEOR tactics in alignment with key internal stakeholders that address data gaps at a product, corporate and industry-wide level
- Lead and execute projects with external stakeholders & HEOR experts to ensure that company sponsored HEOR initiatives are clinically relevant and support the needs of regulators, patients, health care providers, payers and policy makers; and
- Develop and maintain product Core Value Dossiers (CVD) that will be utilized by region and country HEOR professionals to support local Health Technology Assessment (HTA) needs.
- This position requires excellent interpersonal and matrix leadership skills to support effective partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders including TA colleagues, CMT colleagues, HEOR, Development, and Marketing Strategy (MS) colleagues.
- Lead the global HEOR strategy for assigned products, including aligning and integrating Regional and Local Affiliate HEOR requirements
- Represent the aligned global HEOR position in the global teams (Global Value Team, Core Medical Team) and in the Medical Affairs governance committees (e.g. MA-C)
- Contribute to and lead a matrix team of a high performing HEOR experts that effectively implement an HEOR strategy that is integrated and aligned with CMPs/CDPs
- Provide HEOR expertise for HEOR projects/initiatives, protocol development, PRO development, regulatory documents, scientific publications, and independent research proposals for products/new indications in development, and oversee delivery of tactics according to timelines and budget for assigned products.
- Understand HTA requirements globally and provide TA and product based tactics that support HTA/Value data needs; ensuring implementation through inclusion in CMPs and CDPs
- Develop and maintain the medical/scientific sections of the Core Value Dossiers (CVDs) that provide the foundation for region and country HEOR professionals to create local Value Dossiers based on local HTA needs
- Actively monitor the changing healthcare landscape to anticipate future TA specific tactics
- Contribute to the maintenance of a global HEOR repository with a library of tools and instruments that support data generation and HTA needs
- Maintain full compliance with internal and external guidance and regulations, including applicable policies and codes
- Advanced degree (e.g. PharmD, PhD, MD, DO) with consideration for MPH or MSc + 7 years HEOR or epidemiology specific experience
- 3-5 years related experience in outcomes research including patient reported outcomes, health economics, or epidemiology
- Experience in understanding interface between clinical practice and outcomes research
- Experience in leveraging outcomes data in the appropriate clinical context
- Solid understanding of various global HTA reimbursement and market access requirements and working understanding of industry and regulatory guidelines as they relate to HEOR and Medical Affairs
- Employs conceptual thinking and informational gathering in order to anticipate, identify, analyze and solve complex problems
- In-depth HEOR subject matter expert knowledge along with a broad knowledge of related disciplines (market access, clinical development, market research).
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and strong leadership skills
- Ability to synthesize and convey complex data or concepts in an understandable way.
- Ability to influence without formal authority
- Cultural sensitivity, ability to work in a global environment
- A collaborative style of working and a strong sense of ethics, compliance and integrity
- Persuasive and effective presentation style with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Knowledge of various healthcare systems and solid understanding of related policy issues
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal relationship and collaboration skills working within cross-functional teams
skills: Epidemiology, Health Economics, HTA (Health Technology Assessment)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.