In this role, you will lead the team that manages facility activities and projects, including routine and preventative maintenance, project or capital improvements, and general facility upkeep to support production operations and ensure a safe and presentable workplace. This role regularly communicates status of all repair and project work to site leadership. The Manager, Maintenance and Facilities manages the site five-year capital plan and though it, drives site improvements. And this role also drives the creation, improvement and execution of maintenance and plant standards to achieve maximum availability of production equipment.
location: Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
- Assumes overall responsibility for the management of building, equipment, and grounds. Maintain relevant files, drawings, and records as appropriate.
- Manages the team of technicians, mechanics, and support staff required to maintain the facility and equipment to required standards of availability, cleanliness, and order. Ensure appropriate staffing, proper training and development and performance management for the team.
- Manage capital and non-capital projects to improve capacity, quality, efficiency, utilization and safety. Prepare PERs as appropriate. Responsible for 5-year capital plan and forecasting as well as departmental budget.
- Responsible for plant or manufacturing equipment projects to maximize output, minimize cost and support efficiencies on new or existing equipment.
- Consult and cooperate with divisional / corporate / supplier personnel as authorized and required, maintaining effective communications and working relations.
- Keep abreast of and provide support to plant personnel on water systems, HVAC, plant and equipment layouts, water treatment, air systems, expansions, structural details, material handling and auxiliary equipment.
- Be involved with and knowledgeable of programs, regulations, and the requirements of city, state and federal environmental agencies as it relates to the business.
- Support the GMP efforts in the plant as they relate to the facility.
- Work closely with Operations personnel on all equipment related issues to minimize downtime while meeting our customer's needs.
- Evaluate "Best Practices" among the network and external resources.
- Manage, or delegate, departmental projects as appropriate.
- Assist in the transfer of technology to other plants, the development of corporate engineering standards and/or development of capital budget along with our Corporate Engineering staff.
- Monitor, take immediate action, and, report on PM related performance.
- Ensure that established policies, rules and regulations, and procedures are followed.
- Serve as a member of the site leadership team and participate in the decision-making process.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Must have extensive prior industrial maintenance experience involving mechanical, electrical and electronics types of work.
- Must have extensive experience with capital expenditure and project related work.
- Prefer effective organizational, trouble-shooting, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others (both verbally and in writing)
- Must be able to effectively use AutoCAD, MS Project, and MS Office programs such Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must possess good negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Working knowledge of the principles of electricity, electronics, mechanical and plant operating systems
- Must be able to read blueprints & schematic drawings; knowledge of such items as plant systems and related equipment/utilities appropriate to this role.
- Able to be aware of all relevant SOPs as per Company policy as they are related to the position covered by this Job Description
- Support and contribute in Lean Sigma programs and activities towards delivery of the set target
- Able to comply with the company's safety policy at all times
- Able to comply with the company's quality policy at all times.
skills: Project Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.